Here's another great recipe from our own Diva Donna that I plan to make later this week. Talk about procrastination... It's only been in my files since January of 2012!
I made this recipe and found it to be a big hit with my whole gang here. And here's a little Tex-Mex or Latin hotdish Nicky with a curvy yummydoodle. He also reminds me of your guy in the Ebook story in SHARING. Was it Sar's ww that curved to the right and Lon to the left? Enjoy the casserole LOL!
FYI: Sar curved downward, and Lon curved up, so this guy comes closer to being Sar.
Bean and Honey Burrito HOTDISH serves 8
- 1 1/2 cups cooked yellow rice
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare yellow rice as directed on package; reserve 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any remaining rice for another use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking dish with 4 tortillas. To make the honey sauce, whisk together the mustard, sour cream, and 1/3 cup honey in a small bowl. Combine the red pepper, green pepper, garbanzo beans, black beans, and corn in a large bowl. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the bean mixture and reserve for topping.
- Stir the chicken, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, cumin, yellow rice, and honey sauce into the bean mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and the reserved 1/2 cup bean mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if top browns excessively. Remove from oven, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey.